Meet Lindsey – Get Online NOLA Graphic Designer
Born and raised in Metairie, Lindsey Bock was inspired by the art and culture of New Orleans, and spent her childhood visiting local gems like NOMA and the Contemporary Art Center. She always paid attention to art, design, and fashion, and after graduating from Grace King, she started studying art at the University of New Orleans. Lindsey’s love of patterns led her to specialize in Graphic Design.
After graduating from UNO in 2016, Lindsey spent time interning for local digital agencies, and building her portfolio with a focus on logo design, patterns, and illustration. She’s excited about her new role as a Junior Graphic Designer at Get Online NOLA because it gives her a chance to focus more on web design and branding.
Lindsey says, ” One of my favorite things to do is search the web for fun new design ideas, and I’m really excited to do that for my job! It’s even better that I get to put that to good use for New Orleans small businesses.”
On weekend evenings you might find her on a karaoke stage singing “Pieces of Me” by Ashlee Simpson. She also enjoys yoga, hanging out with her 4 year old son Miles, and scouring old magazines for collage materials.
A few of my favorite things in New Orleans:
- New Orleans restaurant: Katie’s for the Conchon de Lait pizza
- New Orleans activity: I love Jazz Fest for the food, (especially the mango freeze and crawfish bread) and the music, of course.
- Local New Orleans store: I love finding interesting purses and jewelry at Funky Monkey.
- Favorite New Orleans places: NOMA when hot or rainy, or Audubon Park on a pretty day.
- Favorite Music: I’m listening to the Alabama Shakes a lot, and Beatles are always a go to.
- Favorite Mardi Gras parade: Endymion is a favorite because its kid friendly and all my friends come into town.
Medallion print – original pattern by Lindsey Bock