“We can’t thank you enough for attending our Develop Your Brand Identity Workshop. Local businesses make our city unique and we’re proud to help bring them online!”
Our EVP, Serah Ridolfo and Marketing Manager, Allison Schmidt had a great time teaching at the Develop Your Brand Identity workshop with StayLocal at Delgado Community College. It was a jam-packed morning with a lot of really great communication all around. For a little refresher, here’s a recap of what we covered:
- Your Brand Identity is tied to the likelihood that customers want to do business with you.
- Your Business Name should be thoughtfully researched to ensure brand longevity. Consumers trust more established brands!
- Doing Market Research will help you to identify your target consumer and create your marketing strategy around success.
- Write Effective Copy with the right voice and keywords to keep your consumers engaged and coming back.
- Make SMART Goals to guide your business and set realistic expectations.
You can also take a look through the presentation below!
During the workshop, we mentioned quite a few blog posts along with various resources that may be a helpful reference for you.
Resources for Instagram Branding & Analytics
- Plann is an Instagram planning app that includes features for scheduling, strategy, and analytics. You can drag & drop to arrange your brand’s aesthetic. Also, gain access to advanced insights, hashtag tools, competitor metrics, and learn when is the best time to post.
- Planoly is a visual planning & digital marketing solution that helps you to manage, plan, and schedule your Instagram posts straight from your desktop or phone. It features tools such as drag & drop to plan the look of your feed, reposting user-generated content, scheduling content to post directly to Instagram, tracking analytics to understand your audience and more.
- Iconosquare is an Instagram and Facebook analytics management platform that helps to grow your brand with insights on audience engagement and content performance. You can have reports on your business’ social media performance sent straight to your inbox and see how you compare to competitors in your industry.
- Shopify Business Name Generator helps to generate business names and check domain availability instantly. You simply enter a word(s) that you want your business name to include and it generates name ideas that are both unique and will stick in your customer’s minds.
- Name Mesh Domain Name Generator checks for available domain names that preserve the main keywords for SEO purposes. The generator also helps by giving common alternatives for your domain name and new words that are very brandable.
- Naminum Startup Name Generator‘s goal is to discover the perfect company name for you. Enter a keyword such as “computer” and it will generate hundreds of options for business names.
Market Research Tools
- Quora is a question-and-answer platform where questions are asked, answered, edited, and organized. You can connect with other people who contribute insights on specific industries & topics that interest you.
- Google has a variety of tools to assist with writing. Google Trends allows you to explore Google’s data. Utilize that information to tell stories. Google Keyword Planner helps you to research and discover the right keywords and get your brand in front of the right potential customers. Google Scholar is a web search engine that indexes full text and metadata of scholarly literature across publishing formats. Google Analytics lets you measure your ROI to better understand your customers. It tracks and reports your website traffic.
- Pew Research Center is a public opinion research organization that generates facts about demographic research, content analysis, and other data-driven social science research.
Apps to Help with Writing
- Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that gives you tips on improving your SEO content before you publish. It’s an absolute must if you’re planning on a content marketing strategy!
- MOZ Keyword Planner is a fountain of SEO knowledge! If you’re curious what keywords you’re currently ranking for, or what your competitors are ranking for, the MOZ keyword explorer is there for you.
- Grammarly lets you know if you’ve made spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes so your writing looks as professional as possible. Best part? It’s free to use!
Thanks for attending the Develop Your Brand Identity Workshop! Need more branding know-how? We help small businesses all around New Orleans shine online. Learn more in a free strategy session and sign up for our monthly email newsletter to get the best tips that you can use in your business straight to your inbox!